Panos Kakaviatos works as spokesman and media relations officer for the Council of Europe, the Strasbourg, France-based 47-member intergovernmental European organisation whose mission is to promote human rights, the rule of law and democracy. Born and raised in Washington D.C., Panos holds both Greek and American citizenships and is also a professional wine taster. Opinions he expresses in this blog may not always reflect official Council of Europe views.
- Shepherd and Wedderburn IT head named first official non-lawyer Scottish 'legal technologist'
- Law firms team up with start-ups to launch Barcelona legal tech hub
- Former DLA Piper partner and Rolls Royce lawyer set up international investigations boutique
- Dragon's Den star lines up with top GCs and executives to debate luxury's digital challenge
- EU unleashes ambitious AI regulatory agenda 'to make tech optimists of us all'
- Pair of Jones Day disputes specialists leave to set up Paris boutique
- US bar rules reform: 'without external agencies, change is almost impossible'
- Around the house: a major GC hire in Finland as a scandal-hit Houston refiner steps up compliance