Charlie Geffen had lost an election last autumn to be chairman of the newly merged firm and his departure was not entirely unexpected. Mark Sperotto is said to be one Ashurst's most profitable partners, according to The Lawyer. Gibson Dunn has 22 partners in its London office.
02 October 2014
Gibson Dunn picks up two Ashurst top partners
Former senior partner Charlie Geffen is departing with Mark Sperotto.
Email your news and story ideas to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hogan Lovells looks to sharpen emerging markets focus with leadership changes
- 'None of your business' - Beijing defiant over security law's threat to Hong Kong's autonomy
- Global M&A slowest since financial crisis as deal appetite slumps amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Around the house: GCs arrive at MSG Entertainment and Providence
- Baker McKenzie sets up taskforce to improve racial and ethnic diversity
- Technology risk moves to top of GCs agendas, major survey finds
- UK moves to stop foreign bidders picking off public health companies
- Freshfields and DLA Piper top European H1 M&A tables for value and volume as deal activity plunges