Building an effective and efficient directory submissions strategy
One-day practical virtual training workshop using Zoom.
Next date to be confirmed.
"The perfect way to immerse myself in everything I needed to know to set our firm up for success."
Next date to be confirmed | Virtual training workshop
Do you find directory submissions an ongoing challenge? Have you struggled to get your key stakeholders to engage in the process, and then faced a post-mortem once the directories are published?
The Global Legal Post and Alex Holtum, director of International Law Firm Solutions, have teamed up to host this one-day online interactive training course on how to improve all aspects of the directory submissions process.
As competition among law firms intensifies amid the disruption of Covid-19, this masterclass will re-energise your approach to the directory submissions helping to ensure your firm maximises its ranking while spending less time on submissions.
Key topics include:
- The internal submissions gathering process
- Reference gathering
- Choosing which practice areas to promote and which individuals to put forward
- Crafting submissions
- Making the most of the opportunity to provide feedback
Feedback from previous Masterclasses
"I learned many valuable insights that will definitely improve the submissions process at our firm."
"The workshop was extremely informative."
"Best practice sharing not only with the trainer but also with other participants."
"The small group provided ample opportunity to consider individual circumstances and questions."
"One of the most interesting and valuable takeaways was exchanging information with people in the same position at other law firms."
Who should attend?
Marketing, business development and public relations and other professionals in law firms who have or share responsibility for co-ordinating the directory submissions process
- Devise a new strategy for directory submissions that is efficient and effective
- Discover a new model for coordinating the information gathering process
- Learn how to prioritise requested submission information
- Ensure you choose effective referees
- Understand the importance of individual rankings and learn how to select who to put forward
- Discover how to catch the attention of busy researchers
- The dos and don'ts of work highlights
- The importance of the feedback process
- Learn why building relationships within the wider legal community will reap long-term dividends
The Masterclass experience
- Expert trainer
- The Zoom experience
- Interactive programme, allowing delegates to share ideas and build connections
- Small group - no more than 15 attendees
- Practical workshops using real-life case studies
- Takeaway course material
Course director and trainer
Alex Holtum is director of International Law Firm Solutions, which has helped firms maximise their rankings in nearly 150 jurisdictions since its launch 2015. He spent the first 15 years of his career practising as a solicitor, working for Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Reed Smith and DLA Piper, where he was a dispute resolution partner for five years. Prior to founding ILFS, he obtained an MBA from Manchester Business School and was a director/internal consultant at Ernst & Young, managing its support centre for its international network of law firms, which consisted of 3,000 lawyers and 50 law firms in as many countries. He is a graduate of the University of Sheffield, holds a post-graduate diploma in Intellectual Property Law from the University of Bristol.